|Location: SHEPHERDS BUSH, LONDON||Salary: 22.20 - 24.88 GBP Per Hour|
|Sector: Education||Job Type: Temporary|
|Shift Type: N/A||Applications: N/A|
|Posted: about 1 year ago||Reference: 3041079|
Location: Shepherds Bush, London
Pay rate: £22.20 - £24.88 per hour
Duration: Sessional Cover
Our REED Education FE branch are urgently recruiting for a Sessional Offender Learning First Aid Lecturer to join a HMP mens prison on a temporary basis in the London area.
Offender learning gives Further Education lecturers the opportunity to make a real difference to learners’ lives. Recent reviews have shown that education within prisons is central to lowering re-offending rates in the UK, making the improvement of prison education a top priority for Government moving forward.
With increasing levels of investment in the Offender Learning and Skills Service (OLASS), FE teachers have been moving to the sector in order take advantage of the great benefits available, including:
• Fantastic career progression
• Smaller class sizes
• Increased control over curriculum
Teaching small classes of motivated learners, tutors and trainers have the chance to deliver a less rigid curriculum than in other settings and where relevant, to take the lead on curriculum design. Working within Offender Learning you will find that no two days are the same so flexibility is key.
The latest inspections by HMIP and Ofsted of Education provision in prisons provided by our client was graded with 80% 'good' or 'outstanding', versus the national figure of just 33%. In addition to this, they have an incredible record of achieving a positive outcome 88% of the time.
- You will be delivering First Aid from Entry Level to Level 2.
- You will be working with adult men.
- Work within a Scheme of Work, develop lesson plans to ensure compliance with curriculum best practice and quality targets
- Ensure compliance with health and safety legislation
What you will need:
- A recognised teaching qualification
- Minimum Level 3 qualification in the related subject or equivalent
- Experience delivering First Aid from Entry Level to Level 2
- Strong classroom management
Reed Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Successful applicants will be required to undergo a DBS check.
Benefits of working with Reed Education:
When you work with Reed Education, you will have access to a range of expertise and advice as well as benefits. We can provide you with:
• Access to pension scheme
• Weekly Pay for all candidates
• Continual Professional Development
• Dedicated and fully trained consultants, here to promote and develop our staff
• Long Term and permanent vacancy focus
If this sounds like a role that you would like, please forward us your most up to date CV by clicking ‘Apply Now’.
WILLOUGHBY, WARWICKSHIRERead more
28500 - 28500 GBP Per Annum, inc benefits
THORNABY, CLEVELANDRead more
34000 - 34000 GBP Per Annum
FARNBOROUGH, HAMPSHIRERead more
20.00 - 25.00 GBP Per Hour
SMALLFORD, HERTFORDSHIRERead more
33.10 - 33.10 GBP Per Hour
HAMMERSMITH, LONDONRead more