Are you currently looking for a new and rewarding teaching opportunity?
Reed Further Education are currently working in partnership Novus who have been delivering education, training and employment opportunities to adults and young people in UK prisons. Over the years we have built a reputation as an innovator in the fight to reduce re-offending rates by transforming people's lives through learning and skills.
We have a great opportunity at STC Rainsbrook to join the education team as an English Teacher on a temporary ongoing basis.
- Hours - Flexible Cover (Mon-Fri)
- Role - Temporary Ongoing
- Pay - £24.88 per hour (inclusive of holiday pay)
Rainsbrook Secure Training Centre (STC) is located in Rugby and is one of three purpose-built centres designed to accommodate up to 76 male and female young people between the ages of 12 and 18 who are either serving a custodial sentence or are remanded to a secure facility.
This offers an exciting new opportunity for individuals who are looking to further their previous experience and work alongside a successful education team with the mutual focus on rehabilitation for the inmates in the establishment. Teaching in prisons is an incredibly rewarding challenge and the education departments are looking to welcome driven individuals to join their team.
- Full teaching qualification (minimum PGCE/DTLLS)
- Relevant qualification to degree level
- Have an interest in the rehabilitation and resettlement of offenders
- Enthusiasm for the subject area
- Awareness of and commitment to the promotion of equal opportunities and the recognition of diversity and inclusion
- Experience of instructing/supporting people with challenging behaviour
- Experience in a prison environment
If this is an opportunity that you are interested in, please apply with an up to date CV and one of the Reed Prison Education team will get in touch to discuss further.
**This role is subject to enhanced clearance and vetting**