Southend-on-Sea is a vibrant multi-cultural town that offers its residents a wealth of entertainment and access to leisure, the arts and picturesque coastal scenery. It is also an excellent transport hub with an airport rated as the best in the UK and good road and rail links to the capital. It offers the professional the opportunity to work in a borough with a diverse population and exposure to the full range of opportunities and challenges to the profession. The Council is offering a salary of up to £54,621 per annum plus £2,000 per annum market supplement.
The post-holder will be responsible for:
• Leading, motivating and reviewing the performance of the care management teams, working closely with and directing the team managers.;
• The effective performance management of their service area in order to meet local and national targets;
• Contribution to development of policy required to implement legislation and statutory guidance;
• Working with the Group Manager to continually improve the services provided by the care management service, identifying areas for improvement and developing robust action plans to drive this forward.
The post-holder must:
• Hold a recognised qualification in Social Work
• Be HCPC registered
• Be committed to CPD for themselves and their staff
• Have previous operational management experience. A management qualification is desirable.
Southend-on-Sea is an ambitious council with the benefits of both an established leadership team allied to a forward thinking and engaging Chief Executive. In exchange for hard work and commitment we can offer a competitive salary and opportunities for professional and personal development.
Southend-on-Sea Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment. All applicants for this role will require an enhanced DBS check. The Council is an equal opportunities employer. They welcome applications, regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, sex, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, age or religion or belief. All applications will be considered solely on merit.
Potential applicants are welcome to contact Laurence Doe, Group Manager for an informal discussion on either 01702 534610 or email@example.com.