|Location: LETCHWORTH GARDEN CITY, HERTFORDSHIRE||Salary: 25000.00 - 30000.00 GBP Per Annum|
|Sector: Technology||Job Type: Permanent|
|Shift Type: N/A||Applications: N/A|
|Posted: 7 months ago||Reference: 3048691|
This position will ideally suit someone who is a service desk team lead or has previous experience depustising in such a position.
Details are below, apply to be immediately considered or contact me to discuss this further (email@example.com)
Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for BAU duties for the First Response team and ensuring adherence to agreed SLA's.
• Provide training, development, and coaching to Service Desk Analysts ensuring they possess the correct knowledge and skills required to provide accurate, relevant information and guidance on all aspects of IT Support.
• Maintaining an up-to-date knowledge base and understanding of all IT Systems ensuring compliance is maintained through team knowledge, process, procedures, and documentation.
• Work collaboratively with other departments as required, to achieve common goals, share best practice, support projects, contribute to improvement initiatives.
• Act as an escalation point ensuring complaints are managed appropriately through to resolution whilst maintaining communication with relevant internal stakeholders.
• Line management of team analysts - performance appraisals, 1-2-1s. Team and individual objective setting aligned with department objectives.
• Ensure analysts record and log all activity in a timely and accurate manner and ensure work queues are effectively managed. Ensuring all assigned calls have an accurate and up to date status
• Develop the Service Desk toolset in both usage, configuration and data quality to support continual improvement
• Ensure adequate staff cover is maintained across the companies sites and core hours to support a quality service delivery.
• Provide support for Microsoft Desktop Operating Systems, MS Office suite, Office365 and other Standard Desktop software.
• Provide technical support for staff hardware such as PC’s, Laptops, iPads, mobiles.
• Provide support for the Desktop Telephone system (currently Avaya)
• Provide support for the video conferencing equipment in MFH and other sites.
• Diagnose and log problems or faults and take necessary action to remedy the problem.
• Work with other members of the support team or third party suppliers to complete tasks and projects.
• Promote and maintain best working practices for computer system usage, security, virus management, backups, etc
• Cascade IT knowledge to the user community through micro-training and advice.
• Ensure that all levels of computer and network security are maintained to best practices.
• Maintain an organised working environment both physically around the office and electronically within the IT systems.
• To undertake any other duties and projects as requested by the line manager.
• To comply with data protection legislation and act responsibly on matters of data disclosure both internally and to third parties.
• To be familiar with the Health and Safety and Fire policies for the company and to attend mandatory updates where required.
Skills / Knowledge
• Must have several years experience of supporting Microsoft desktop environments and MS Office (in particular Office365)
• Must have experience of supervising a service desk team’s workload.
• Must have experiaince of configuring and developing a service desk toolset.
• Must have experiaince of reporting against SLA’s and key metrics.
• Must have good software and hardware diagnostic skills
• A general understanding of Local and Wide Area Networks and the function of the components involved.
• A logical approach to problem solving with the ability to progress through to a successful solution using own initiative.
• Well spoken, articulate and positive. Excellent communication skills both written and verbal. Professional manner, able to construct business emails and establish rapport
• Ability to learn new skills and take on new tasks and recommend and develop improvements to working practices.
• Ability to work effectively and consideratly in a team environment.
• Must have good time management skills and a flexible approach to working.
• Must be willing to complete an essential job in a timely manner and ability to manage own time scales on a wide range of tasks.
• Experience in a business environment.
20000.00 - 25000.00 GBP Per Annum, inc benefits
BELFAST, COUNTY ANTRIMRead more
35000.00 - 40000.00 GBP Per Annum
IPSWICH, SUFFOLKRead more
30000.00 - 35000.00 GBP Per Annum
READING, BERKSHIRERead more
29000.00 - 35000 GBP Per Annum, inc benefits
EDINBURGH, MIDLOTHIANRead more
9 - 9 GBP Per Hour
TADLEY, HAMPSHIRERead more