Service Desk Analyst/ 2nd Line/ End User Support
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne
Salary: £22,000- 24,000
Benefits: Microsoft Certified Training, Certification Reward scheme, Internal Progression, Social events.
This MSP is looking for a 2nd Line Support individual to join their vibrant, collaborative team in Newcastle upon Tyne. You will be working in a past faced environment from day 1, taking on a variety of responsibilities. To be successful in this role you will need a flexible approach and a passion for learning on the job.
You will be responsible to diagnosing and resolving incidents that have been passed up from the 1st line support team. Day to day you will be resolving incidents using remote access software and verbal communication.
This company has a strong ethos of learning and development, ensuring that their employees develop internally and learn new skills every month. With a Microsoft certified trainer on site, you will have the opportunity to decide your learning path and gain accreditations/ certifications.
Day to day responsibilities will include:
- Ensure customers tickets are responded to within SLA.
- Regular communication with the customer with regards to their incident/change request.
- Diagnose and resolve incidents using remote access tools/ verbal instructions.
- Update ticketing system and technical information repository in detail
- Resolve incidents via liaising with internal departments and third parties
- Act as a technical escalation point for the Service Desk Agents.
- Assist with the creation of best practice, new user and leaver guides
The following experience and skills are required:
- Knowledge of a server and networked environment.
- Experience using remote access software to resolve issues.
- Desktop support experience. (1st and 2nd)
- Knowledge of Backup technologies.
- Experience with Microsoft Exchange and office 365.
- Good time management in relation to prioritising workload based on incoming tickets.
- Brilliant customer service and communication skills
- Experience working in a fast paced, collaborative environment
***Desirable skills include virtualisation technologies and anti-virus software***
Does this role sound exactly what you are looking for? Will this give you the opportunity to progress your career? Let’s look at the benefits!
Benefits include and are not limited to:
- Qualification and Certification Reward Scheme
- In house Microsoft Certified Trainer
- 25 days holiday (increases up to 30 days)
- Pension scheme
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Pay
- PHI (Income Protection Scheme)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Eye care vouchers
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Relaxed Dress Code
- Regular subsidised social events