Are you looking for a new and exciting entry level position in to IT?
Then this is the role for you!
REED Technology are working with a client based in Cheltenham who are looking to recruit a budding service desk specialist to join their growing team.
This role will see you resolving 1st line incidents and working with the service desk technicians to resolve 2nd line incidents. Through this system of support and mentoring the successful applicant will see themselves develop professionally making this the perfect opportunity for someone who is looking for a progressive entry level role into IT.
Benefits include 5% profit share, pension, parking and study support.
- Log incidents by phone in a timely fashion
- Ensure that tickets are correct (category, priority, allocation, etc.)
- Ensure the ticket is correctly categorised and prioritized
- Develop and maintain self-service documentation
- Responsible for keeping the user informed on the progress of their support ticket
- Escalate tickets where required to the IT management team
- Work with the team to reduce repeatable incidents
- Maintain users (account configuration, starters & leavers, support new users, mailboxes, etc)
- Provide 1st line support on allocated tickets
- Update process and maintain documentation
- Communicate and escalate known/reoccurring issues with the IT Management team
- Assist with the development of the service management system
- Assisting the teams in preparing for site visits
- Provide training to end users and other members of IT staff as required
- Actively involved in developing documentation and solutions for issues raised
- Adhere to the IT Security Strategy at all times
The ideal candidate would be either be working in a 1st line support role currently or have IT-related qualifications and a strong desire to embark on a career in IT.
If this sounds like the role for you, please apply online ASAP or email an updated CV to email@example.com.
Successful candidates will be contacted within 24 hours.