Service Desk Analyst
£15-19 per hour
My client based in Manchester is searching for an experienced Service Desk Analyst for an initial month contract with an immediate start.
• First line telephone and technical support - Logging incidents and service requests.
• Logging incidents and service requests.
• First line technical resolutions
• First line telephone calls transferred and outbound
• Monitoring new Incidents and requests via different solutions
• Resolving more complex incidents and service requests
• Completing administrative tasks (creating new accounts, file transfers)
• Escalating issues and where appropriate investigate and diagnose
• Act as central point of contact and monitor service requests to other teams and third party service providers
• Provide timely updates to service users on the status of outstanding calls
• Support the Know It All Bar
• Participate in the delivery of projects and tasks
• Operate customer satisfaction follow-up calls and surveys
• Create and maintain high quality, clear documentation of processes, procedures, policies, configuration standards and support guides
• Work on a rota basis to meet demand
• Knowledge of ITIL, with a good practical understanding of how the core ITIL functions (CM / IM / PM / RM and Configuration Management) interface and interact to collectively support IT and the Business.
• Experience of being part of one or many of the core ITIL functions, covering Service Desk, Change, Problem, Incident or Release Management, Applications Support and experience of problem solving.
• Experience of IT Service Operations, and how an IT installation works across 7 *24.
• Knowledge of the relevant legislative framework and professional standards both within the ICT industry and in particular to a local authority.
• Experience of how a Service Desk (Help Desk) operates within an IT installation and managing and configuring LANDesk software.
• To work flexibly including out of hours and bank holidays as required to meet customer demand and potential incidents up-to a Major Incident.