Senior Transport Officer | Taunton | £10.74ph
Are you experienced in transport coordination?
Are you looking for a diverse and challenging role?
REED Business Support is working together with a local and reputable organisation to recruit a full-time Senior Transport Officer until September 2018.
Based in the centre of Taunton, you will be responsible for overseeing the transport for schools across south Somerset including, but not limited to;
- Organising cost-effective and safe routes and re-working them around road works,
accidents, adverse weather, and other obstacles.
- Processing and deciding applications for transport assistance from pupils and SEN
pupils, and liaising with parents to explain decisions.
- Liaising with external service providers and key stakeholders within schools to ensure compliance standards are met and any issues resolved quickly.
- Carrying out risk assessments of pupils and onsite checks at schools and bus stops.
- Providing advice to internal and external individuals such as school staff, social
workers, parents and guardians and other members of the public.
- Attending transport meetings with stakeholders to advise on contracts and services,
and ensure positive working relationships are maintained.
This is a varied role within a busy, often high-pressured, environment and would suit an individual with previous experience within the transport industry. The successful candidate will have strong communication skills and be motivated with excellent organisation.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please send an up-to-date CV to email@example.com, or hit the ‘Apply’ button below.