I'm supporting one of my Staffordshire based clients in looking for 3 x talented Senior Systems Engineers to come and join their growing team.
The role would be a mixture of project-based and BAU, handling technical escalations from the Service Delivery team as a 3rd/4th line position.
The client has a very technical environment and you would be expected to hit the ground running with the likes of Routing/Switching as well as looking after the Server and Application estate.
Currently an Azure environment so Public Cloud experience would be necessary, with potential visions to move to a vCloud using their VMware 6.7 stack in the near future which would be a nice meaty project to get stuck into.
Other experience required/desirable:
• Proven experience and understanding of Windows 2003 - 2016 Server core services and Active Directory management (including Group Policy, login scripts and roles)
• Experience of VMWare, including maintenance and provisioning
• Experience of installation and supporting of Microsoft Exchange 2003 – 2016 (O365)
• Excellent working knowledge of core networking services - e.g. TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, RDP, SNMP, LDAP, Kerberos
• Networking skills – e.g. switching, routing, VLANs, PoE, WLAN, MPLS
• NAS / SAN storage infrastructures
• Knowledge of Avaya telephony systems is a distinct advantage.
• Knowledge of CISCO UCS is an advantage
• Experience with cloud technologies including Azure, AWS with VMware VMC an advantage.