Thames Valley Police are recruiting for a temporary Senior Support Administrator to be based in Kidlington.
In this role, you will provide an efficient and effective administrative support service to the Office Manager and Head of the South East Technical Surveillance Unit (SETSU).
- Assist the SETSU Office Manager in administering the procurement process and ancillary expenses. Provide administrative support for SETSU staff at bases in Sussex & Hampshire as part of the SE ROCU and SE CTU.
Daily, you will:
- Assist the SETSU Office Manager in administering the procurement process and ancillary expenses. Provide administrative support for SETSU staff at bases in Sussex & Hampshire.
- Control, manage and maintain departmental records, intelligence systems, IT systems and archives.
- Provide secretarial support to the Head of SETSU, complete minutes at National, Regional and Force meetings, manage diaries, emails and appointments.
- Deputise as required in Office Managers absence.
- Oversee the general security, maintenance and access control systems for the whole building, checking Force vetting levels are adhered to regarding contractors. Update and maintain the Fob access system, managing SETSU security protocols.
You will have:
- Proven ability to work in a secure and confidential environment with the highest standards of integrity. Able to recognise sensitive information and maintain discretion and confidentiality.
- Recent knowledge and ability in the use of computers and Microsoft packages and associated technology. Prepared to learn and implement new systems as technology develops.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people at all levels.
- Recent experience of working effectively within a team.
- A good standard of general education including excellent numeracy and literacy skills.
- IT literate, including recent experience of Word Processing and spreadsheet packages.
- Recent office experience.
- Proven ability to work with minimum supervision in an office environment and manage a high workload. Able to prioritise work effectively and work under pressure and work on own initiative
- Recent and relevant supervisory experience with the ability to manage and develop a team.
- Must have capability to travel to different locations across the Force and UK to undertake all assignments in a timely manner. Due to the requirement to work flexibly, unsocial hours and personal safety for lone working; public transport may not be available or suitable at these times. For this reason a full UK driving licence is considered essential
This is a temporary role for 1 year, paying £9.91 per hour and rising to £10.76 after 3 months.
Please address any queries about the post to Anastasia.firstname.lastname@example.org