I am currently working with a client exclusively to recruit a Senior Social Worker- Adults to join the team in Pontypridd.
You will be experienced in community based social care services with older people and/or disability services and have good working knowledge of the relevant legislation in relation to older people, mental health, and disability.
Key Purpose of the role will be to:
Have the responsibility for the professional leadership and management of service delivery within the regional personal welfare team. The role will include your own caseload but also supervising a small team of social work assistants to provide advice and support to former miners and their dependents. The role also involves promoting the service locally and developing partnerships with other agencies for the benefit of the client group.
I am looking for an individual who has experience in managing a team within adults, older people and people with disabilities who is passionate about rebuilding the team and bringing in a new culture.
To be considered for the role you must demonstrate:
- Degree in social work or equivalent social work qualification and current professional registration.
- Evidence of learning, through continuing professional development and its application to practice/ and or mentoring.
- Experience of leading / managing a team in a social care setting
- Experience of community based social care services
- Experience of service delivery with older people and / or disability services.
- Experience of managing teams and HR processes
- Experience of implementing new systems and processes and facilitating change
- Experience of contributing to the development and updating of policies in line with legislative changes and good practice.
- Good working knowledge of welfare benefits system
- Knowledge and understanding of the values and principles underpinning working with vulnerable adults and their carers within the community setting
This is an excellent opportunity to join my client and the salary is start at £33,857 and negotiable dependant on experience. They offer 29 days annual plus bank holidays. My client offers a 10% pension scheme, pay for the level 1 scheme at Westfield Health, which can be used to add family cover as well and car user allowance for those workers who travel to clients homes.
If you feel this role is for you, please contact Mary Khan.
Alternatively, if this role is not for you but you know someone who will be interested, we offer £250 referral bonus (Ts & Cs apply)