We have a fantastic opportunity for a Senior/ Principal Solicitor, working at a Leading Local Authority in Greater Manchester. This is a temporary full time role, initially for the next 2 – 3 months.
Your role will be to provide legal advice and assistance and undertake legal casework including dealing with litigation arising from children’s social care, in particular the law relating to the protection of children.
To ensure that legal services provides an excellent customer service to all clients.
Supervise a small team of childcare lawyers, and to personally undertake more complex casework.
Undertake advocacy at all levels of Courts and Tribunals as appropriate.
Provide a full range of professional legal advice and services to the Council, on all aspects of the Councils activities as required.
Liaise with the clients to ensure a responsive and cost-effective service is being provided.
Keep up to date with developments in local government, and the law which are relevant to the post.
Appropriately use the information in local government, and the law which are relevant to the post.
Present training courses and services to staff in legal services, in support of the Council’s pursuit of continuous improvement and best value.
- Valid Enhanced DBS on the Update Service
- Full UK Driving Licence, and access to a vehicle
- Excellent experience as a Senior/Principle Solicitor in Children’s Care
- Excellent people skills, being able to talk to children, young people, carers, families and other senior professionals.
- Reed Reward Benefits and Discounts
- Flexible Payment Options i.e. PAYE / Umbrella and Ltd options
- Weekly Pay, with Online Timesheet system