One of the largest local authority based in London are looking for a Senior Revenues Officer on a three months contract with possibility of further extensions if all goes well. It is a full time role Monday to Friday, 35 hours a week.
Purpose of the role:
Calculating and collecting rents, council tax and business rates, looking after all the related administrative work. Duties typically include:
- Sending bills and issuing reminders.
- Collecting and processing payments.
- Dealing with enquiries face to face, by letter, e-mail or by phone.
- Advising people who are having difficulty paying their council tax, rents and rates, and agreeing how they will pay off their debts.
- Maintaining accurate clerical and computerised records.
- Recovering arrears of rent or council tax.
- Assisting in the legal recovery process, which could mean seeing a case through the magistrates' courts and appointing bailiffs.
The successful candidate will be required to work in a busy, target driven and pressurised environment dealing with all aspects of Business rates and Council Tax. It is important the successful candidate has experience in both areas otherwise they will not be considered.
If you have the required experience and skill apply now for immediate consideration.