REED Property & Construction are delighted to be working alongside a leading residential developer who require a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join their team on a permanent basis.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a business who are undergoing an extremely exciting time in their history.
As well as the generous salary on offer, candidates will be offered a company car/allowance and bonus scheme.
Suitable candidates will have had similar experience in a previous role within the construction industry.
The main duties of the role will include, but not be limited to -
- Managing the development of your portfolio of sites (usually three)
- Commercial cost appraisals
- Viability/feasibility analysis
- Managing of sub-contractors, materials and goods
- Monitoring and preparing site costs and budgets
- Undertake build cost assessments of acquired sites
- Maintaining a strong control of budgets throughout the life cycle of the development
- Costing and preparation of budgets for each stage of site development
- Reporting on costs vs. budget
- Financial decision making based on site acquisition and development
- Preparing of tenders
- Procuring of sub-contractors, goods and materials
- Close liaison with site management and sub-contractors to ensure productivity
- Use of a construction focused procurement system
To be suitable for this role, candidates will -
- Have a strong background in a similar role within the Construction industry
- Be well versed in meeting tight deadlines
- Have previous experience of looking after multiple developments at a time
- Hold a relevant degree (desirable)
If you, or anyone you know would be interested in this role, please forward your up-to-date CV, salary expectations and notice period to firstname.lastname@example.org. If applying directly by e-mail, please ensure you answer all of the qualifying questions listed below.