The Primary Activities include:
• Coordinate the release of tool builds, tool modifications, and/or tool repairs with respect to price, part print level, process and delivery.
• Coordinate design, build, and sample requirements at the tool source.
• Maintain tooling project schedules, including reviewing die shop schedules to ensure due dates are met.
• Coordinate and implement the release of engineering changes, tool modifications, and/or tool repairs to tools already in production.
• Advise sales personnel on tolerancing and potential process issues. Make recommendations for a robust process design.
• Lead/drive APQP working team meeting to understand quality requirements and part application during process design.
• Verify that new and/or existing tool and gage projects meet part design and quality requirements through capability studies and the capability process.
• Work with business units and tool room personnel to drive process improvements which affect quality, productivity, error-proofing, ergonomics, etc.
• Interface with tool room activities in respect to new and existing tooling improvements, tooling PM’s, back-up components, and documentation.
• Coordinate preliminary and final material specifications with Material Planners.
• Participate in lean initiatives such as continuous improvement events and identify and eliminate other types of waste.
• A Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, preferably Mechanical Engineering
• Exposure to the build process of transfer and/or progressive stamping dies and tool design
• Understanding of GD&T and SPC
• Exposure to FEA and die simulation
• Experience using 3D modeling software program
• Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel, Project and Powerpoint)
• Ability to lead and drive the APQP process
• Excellent communication skills
• High level of self-motivation and organizational planning
• Ability to work varied hours and travel internationally 20% of the time
Outstanding candidates will possess the following Desired Requirements:
• Previous experience in a metal-forming manufacturing environment
• Experience using SolidWorks
• Strong experience obtaining quotes, negotiating price and sourcing suppliers
• Substantial international work experience with strong intercultural skills
Suitable candidates may receive the following compensation:
Flexible benefits: cafeteria, commuting allowance
company car may be considered for exceptional candidates
Location: Apostag (close to Dunaújváros)