My client a successful world leader within the automotive industry are recruiting a Senior Project Accountant on a contract basis to cover sickness.
Senior Project Accountant
The project accountant position is accountable for monitoring the progress of projects, investigating variances, approving expenses, and ensuring that project billings are issued to customers and payments collected.
• Super user on SAP accounting software
• Manage the customer billing process
• Responsible for delivering a robust/accurate/credible set of month end reports/dashboard for projects data, fully reconciled to the overall monthly accounts
• Responsible for creating and updating relevant cost databases for total programme cost (including material, tooling, facilities, labour and overheads, logistics
• Review current processes evaluating & reporting effectiveness & identify opportunities for improvement
• Own and manage monthly and Year end Project accounting Act as the “single source of the truth” for programme finances
• Develop key standardised metrics/KPI to support the programme in understanding financial health (status vs. target) for the above and for the contribution of the programme/project.
• Chair and manage a weekly financial review to manage financial risks and opportunities with key stakeholders (PM, Engineering, Purchasing etc)
• Collaborate closely with Purchasing and PM teams during the cost target setting and sourcing process
• Report and present financial status at programme and senior reviews (up to and including board level)
• Authorise and approve orders in line with budget
• Release funds in line with programme and corporate guidelines
• Ensure programme costs are monitored, controlled and reported in line with appropriate accounting and corporate practices
Qualifications / Education / Experience required:
• Qualified accountant or equivalent
• Experienced in project accounting environment
• Strong stakeholder management experience
• Excellent IT skills – SAP knowledge