REED Procurement & Supply Chain division are delighted to be working with our client, a Local Authority, in Northallerton North Yorkshire on the appointment of a Senior Procurement Officer.
This role is initially a contract until 31st December 2020 but could be extended further in to 2021.
The pay on offer is £13.62 - 17.53 per hour.
The working hours are Monday to Thursday 08:30-17:00 and Fridays 08:30 - 16:30 but with flexible working available.
- Manage the Procurement Process for under £50k procurements according to local, regional and guidelines.
- Liaise with Regional Procurement for over £50k Procurements in preparation of proposals, advice and customer support within procurement.
- Liaise with Regional Procurement, Evolve colleagues and Partnership organisations to maximise collaborative Procurement opportunities.
- Provide specialist technical advice on procurement matters and any escalated enquiries to ensure that the capital and revenue budgets are spent in accordance with financial regulations, regional contract standing orders and EU procurement legislation.
- Manage the tendering process for under £50k contracts in conjunction with budget holders and senior managers through supplier selection and contract award.
- Identify key procurement risks and design appropriate work programmes to address the risks. Make proposals for new contracts and recommendations for reducing cost.
- Proactively support, advise and coach managers to effectively carry out their procurement responsibilities including ongoing contract management.
- Keep abreast, evaluate, interpret and apply new and forthcoming procurement legislation and guidance.
- Support P2P and wider finance colleagues in applying their procurement knowledge to their day to day roles and provide ongoing guidance and support for all components of the Career Pathway
- Attend briefings, conferences and meetings at a local and regional level as required.
- Manage and support the Finance Officer to analyse current spend, monitor and maintain a record of all contracts
- Work closely with the Regional Procurement Team to develop a complimentary mechanism for procurement statistics and KPI’s covering all aspects of procurement for NYP and manage the publication of relevant data on behalf of the CC-CFO.
- Manage and rationalise the contract records management system and manage the P2P resources to achieve this.
- Deal with sensitive and confidential information relating to, but not restricted to, financial, legal, policy and commercial issues.
- Line manage, appraise and develop staff to ensure that staff has the knowledge, skills and experience to achieve required standards of performance.
- You will need to have at least 3-5 years' experience within Procurement
- Ideally you will be Level 4 CIPS qualified
- Previous experience in procurement advisory services within a regulated financial services environment.
- IT skills; proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Experience in report writing, proof-reading and records management.
Please apply ASAP to be considered!