SENIOR ADVICE WORK PRACTITIONER - NORWICH
£25 686 - £27 802 - 37 Hours per week
Full time basis until end March 2021
The main purpose of this position is to:-
- Undertake and coordinate our clients drop in service
- Provide line management to others
- Operation aspects of advice work service
- To support service development
- Deliver advice to young people
- Assist the Head of Advice to embed some new ways of working into the team.
- To work on specific projects related to the drop in service’s development.
- To create and contribute to original specialist resources.
- To provide appropriate interventions to young people accessing our clients services, based on an assessment of individual needs and aspirations.
- To provide line management to others (up to 8 individuals pro rata).
- To share specialist skills and knowledge to develop and support others.
- To lead, implement and promote ideas to achieve continuous improvement in the service.
- To represent and promote the organisation, and the partners and services, at strategic level.
- To provide one to one support and group work as appropriate.
- To actively engage young people.
- To refer or signpost young people to specialist support where necessary.
- To maintain appropriate quality standards and processes in the delivery of work.
- To keep accurate and timely records to contribute to the effective management of the service and for reports to management, funders and other stakeholders.
- To build and maintain effective networks for personal professional development and to develop positive partnership working opportunities.
- To act as an ambassador for the organisation and the partners and services in accordance with the organisation's communication strategy.
- To represent and promote the interests of vulnerable young people to maintain awareness of their needs amongst those planning, determining and implementing relevant services.
- To maintain an up-to-date knowledge of the wider social environment to inform the work undertaken.
- To undertake training and professional development opportunities, develop relevant specialist knowledge and expertise, and share this with colleagues.
- To attend and contribute to meetings as appropriate and positively partake in the life of the project.
- To maintain the organisation as a safe and supportive place for young people and workers.
- To undertake other duties relevant to the post.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Educated to NQF level 4 or equivalent, ideally in a relevant subject e.g. youth work.
- Experience of working with young people.
- Social work background would be advantageous
- Experience and training in advice work practice.
- Experience of leading, motivating and managing others.
- Current knowledge of social issues, policy and practice, as they affect young people.
- Current knowledge of other agencies delivering services to young people in the area.
- Good communication skills, written and spoken.
- Familiarity with or willingness to learn appropriate IT applications for communication and reporting purposes, including MS Office.