This is an exciting time to join a growing accountancy practice in the North Manchester region.
If you are an "Experienced Practice Bookkeeper" with either a full practice background or a mixed industry/ practice background then please read on.
Working in a small team you will be responsible for supporting a couple of junior trainees. Outside of your commitment to training others, the business can and will support your studies whether that is AAT, ACCA or ACA. Alternatively you may be a "Qualified by Experience Bookkeeper" looking for a work/ life balance with no interest in studying and that too is absolutely fine.
The purpose of the role is to provide support and assistance in the preparation of accounts upto trial balance for their clients. You will assist their clients either remotely or by visiting the client’s premises, ensuring that all clients’ books are kept up to date thereby relieving them of their accounting duties and allowing them to focus on growing their business.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Analysis of receipts
- Maintaining purchase ledgers including payment of suppliers
- Maintaining sales ledgers including the raising of sales invoices and credit control functions
- Reconciliation of cash expenditure
- Reconciliation of their bank accounts
- Completion of VAT returns
- General ad hoc duties
- Assisting with the broader team
- Providing support in terms of keeping everything up to date and ensuring all month/ year end balance sheet items are fully explained and justified (e.g. year-end bank statement etc)
- Client/ Outsourced Payroll duties
Person Specification/ Who are you?
Do you have…….
- Strong Bookkeeping skills (double entry) across Practice or previous practice environments
- Ability to mentor and support less senior members of the team
- Ability to demonstrate experience of working within an office environment
- Highly driven, energetic, proactive and innovative
- Strong attention to detail
- Are you competent on a variety of software packages and have you had exposure to cloud accounting software
- Software knowledge in any of the following would be advantageous but not essential:
- Quickbooks Online, Auto-Entry, Moneysoft Payroll, TaxCalc, Accountancy Manager, Xero, KashFlow Clear Books, Receipt Bank etc)
- Do you have effective time management skills
- Are you a skilled and effective communicator and connector
- Are you able to remain resilient when faced with challenging situations
- Are you able to effectively delegate
What my client can offer you in return for your loyalty and commitment
- A long and happy career as an experienced Practice Bookkeeper or the opportunity to grow, train and learn with support towards AAT, ACCA or ACA.
- They work 09:00am to 17:30 Monday to Friday with a one hour lunch break. They could reduce this to a 17:00 finish if you were happy with a 30 minute lunch
- In addition to this and once you have worked with them a while they would be happy to offer home working for those that need it on an ad hoc basis, although this can be discussed further during interview
- They can offer 25 days holidays plus stats and an environment where you can take full ownership of your role.
Then I would like to hear from you today so please do APPLY with an up to date copy of your cv and a brief summary of why this role is of interest to you. I am really looking forward to receiving your application and will respond ASAP