A very well established Financial Services and Investment Company are actively looking to recruit a highly skilled Investment and SIPP Pensions Senior Administrator to join their Team in the Reading Area. This is an incredible opportunity for a very skilled individual who will be able to support the Team immediately on joining the Business. The role requires a competent and experienced individual who can oversee and manage the day to day administration of clients as well as having the knowledge, expertise and capability to resolve more complex issues which will have been escalated. The role will involve co-ordinating and planning as well as overseeing projects and any ad-hoc tasks. They will also be responsible for the completion of monthly, quarterly and annual tasks. Previous DC and DB knowledge is required along with SIPP and SSAS knowledge ideally.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• To provide an efficient and consistent administration service to clients
• To be the main point of contact for a large pension scheme with DC and DB sections along with SIPP
• Identify and resolve problems that may arise with day to day work issues in the department
• The role requires a competent Administrator who can focus on the day to day administration, deal with all basic issues that arise and also have the knowledge, expertise and capability to recognise more complex issues, which may need to be discussed and resolved in conjunction with compliance
• Processing tasks for clients including transfers, surrenders, retirements, annuities, pension transfers and investment business including all client communications around these processes
• Ensure that records are accurately updated and timely response is given to client queries via telephone, email or in writing
• Liaising with clients and 3rd party companies over the telephone and in writing
• Provide support and technical expertise in delivering ad-hoc client requests
• To recognize potential instances of fraud and money laundering and, where agreed, report these instances to the Money Laundering Reporting Officer
• To assist the Compliance Officer in identifying, investigating and rectifying rule breaches relating and assist in fulfilling any associated reporting requirements.
• To take responsibility for checking other team members work and where necessary allocate checking to the team.
• To monitor proposed and confirmed changes in legislation
• Act as mentor to other administrators
• Ensuring good audit trails on Adviser Office and Volume
• Deal with all ad-hoc administration queries as requested by the Head of Pension & Investment Administration or one of the Pension & Investment Administration Managers.
• Work closely with the Pension & Investment Administration Managers on all regulatory reporting as required.
You must have:-
• Experience within the Financial Services Industry
• Exceptional communication skills at all levels
• Excellent organisational skills
• Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and ideally Adviser Office
• It would be preferable to hold a FA1 and FA2
• The Administrator should be proactively working towards increasing their technical knowledge of all aspects of pensions and identify specific areas of weakness for further development
• Knowledge of the industry
• Experience within the Pensions and Money Purchase and Defined Benefits is required
• Ability to work under pressure
• Good knowledge and understanding of Persons