This is a great opportunity that wont come up very often to join a leading employer in Chelmsford.
The overall responsibility is to ensure that the payroll for the business is slick, effective and accurate for all monthly and weekly paid employees.
The business will offer and opportunity to work from home as well as the office.
- Prepare and process the payrolls from start to finish ensuring appropriate review and approval;
- Produce payroll reports, payslips, PAYE remittances and P45s as required;
- Generate and submit the monthly BACS payment for final transmission;
- Prepare end of year return, including the production of P14s, P60s, P11Ds, P35 listing;
- Reconcile all payroll payments to the financial ledger;
- Calculate and process Statutory Maternity and Adoption Pay, Statutory Sick and Occupational Sick Pay;
- Run the Auto-Enrolment file before processing the payroll;
- Complete end of year payroll procedures including the production of P60s and final FPS or EPS submissions to HMRC;
- Ensure all payroll procedures are compliant with statutory legislations;
- Provide general advice and guidance on payroll regulations and systems;
- Provide payroll advice and guidance on salaries and tax policies;
- Administer the Group’s Benefits package including, pensions, childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme. Ensuring the contracts are “best fit” and that effective working relationships are maintained with the suppliers;
- Maintain and update all HR and Payroll Systems.
- Support the HR Team with general enquiries and administration;
- Any other duties as required by management for the smooth and efficient operation of the department.