Reed Accountancy are delighted to be partnered with an award winning Chartered Accountancy Firm based in Edinburgh in their search for a Senior Payroll Manager. Experience within a Payroll Bureau environment/Mid-Tier Practice would be of particular interest.
Reporting directly to the Managing Partner, you will oversee the payroll service for our clients, working together with a Payroll Manager and a team of 8.
The Payroll team is responsible for around 300 payroll clients ranging in size from one employee to hundreds of employees with varying pay frequencies. Working within this busy team you will deal directly with clients and complex payroll issues, offering a variety of work.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Lead the payroll department, working with a Payroll Manager and overseeing a team of 8
- Ensure the payroll service is delivered timely, accurately and in line with client service levels and statutory requirements
- With the Payroll Manager, manage and delegate the workflow within the department
- Act as a skilled people manager who can coach and develop a team
- Ensure effective policies, procedures and systems are in place to ensure high standards
- Maintain expert knowledge and proactively identify upcoming changes that will impact payroll
- Resolve complex payroll queries and issues as they arise
- Regular communication with clients to enhance relationships and improve service
- Drive business development initiatives, win new payroll clients and promote the firm generally
- Monitor and manage department performance including the management of fees and work in progress
- Suggest methods to improve profitability of client work and work with the Partners to achieve improvements
- Responsibility for the BACS relationship and for submitting BACS files for the firm
If you are interested in this vacancy and feel you have the necessary qualities to be a success, why not apply now?
Please note, due to the current high volume of applications, if you have not had a response from the Recruiter within 1 week, then unfortunately your application has not been successful.