My client based in Stevenage is recruiting for 2 x Senior Patient Liaison Assistants to join the planning team who manage the control of Ambulance services and resources. The main focus of the role is to ensure all patients get home as quickly as possible.
This position is working 5 days out of 7 and you will be required to work every other weekend. Days off in lieu will be allocated when working weekend shifts.
There are enhanced payments for these times and these are 40% on a Saturday 60% on a Sunday.
This is a 6 month contract role to start ASAP. You will need to be happy to undergo a DBS check.
THE ROLE TASKS:
- Planning of transport for future dates.
- Responsibility for the control of ambulance services resources, including volunteer car service drivers for the current day, re-arranging schedules where necessary.
- Liaises between hospital staff, communications centres, transport offices and ambulance crews to ensure patients are conveyed in the most effective and efficient manner, and the service level agreement is maintained at all times.
- Entering transport requests into the computer system
- Manages resources to ensure patients are returned home promptly.
- Assists Ambulance Car Service drivers with any problems or queries they may have, and liaise with the Operations Resource Coordinator.
- Prints ambulance and car driver planned schedules for the relevant resource off the computer system each day and ensures appropriate resources receive the work.
- Keeps records of all patient arrival and departure times at the hospital.
- Deals with enquiries / complaints from designated hospitals and patients concerning ambulance transportation.
- Assist in the monitoring analysis of the service level agreement and liaise with the Customer Service Manager in providing a focused and reliable patient transport provision.
- A working knowledge of the service level agreements.
- Undertaking ‘front of house’ responsibilities as patient liaison for the Trust, when appropriate.
- Assist the Non-Emergency Services Quality and Complaints Manager as appropriate.
- Manages leave requests and absence management for Patient Liaison Assistants.
- Infection Prevention & Control aware
- Good communication
- H&S and Risk aware
To register your interest and apply for this vacancy and please submit your application ASAP and a member oft the team will be back in touch. We wish you success with your application.