Established practice based in Horsham seek a part time Bookkeeper to join their existing team. Reporting to the Director this role will be responsible for bookkeeping for a number of private clients. Specific duties to include:
• Posting sales invoices and reconciling the sales ledger
• Entering supplier invoices and reconciling the purchase ledger
• Credit control
• Monthly bank reconciliations
• Reconciliations accounts
• Provide information to the accountant who creates the company’s financial statements.
• Recording cash receipts and making bank deposits
• Paying supplier invoices in a timely manner
• Daily reconciliation of all bank accounts
• Maintaining chart of accounts and monthly reconciliations
• Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
• Preparing payrolls
• Preparing VAT returns
• Completing timesheets
Ideal candidate will have substantial bookkeeping experience gained in practice and ideally be AAT qualified. Good IT skills are essential specifically Quickbooks, Word and Excel. Previous Xero experience is highly desirable. Strong communication skills and the ability to develop good working relationships is essential.