|Location: CARDIFF, SOUTH GLAMORGAN||Salary: 45000 - 50000 GBP Per Annum|
|Sector: Technology||Job Type: Contract|
|Shift Type: N/A||Applications: 3|
|Posted: 4 months ago||Reference: 3090772|
Up to £50,000 per annum
I’m recruiting a Senior Database Administrator Team Lead with some experience or exposure to other database systems such as Redshift, Aurora, MongoDB or PostrgreSQL. You will sit with the Development team where you will report into the Database Team Manager alongside other DBA team leaders.
You will be required to manage a small team of database administrators and will provide technical guidance and a level of mentoring to the team. This is very much a technical management role with the emphasis on the technical side where you will spend approximately 25-30% of your time on team management. This position is therefore ideally suited to a senior DBA that wants to have some management responsibilities.
The team predominately looks after the on premise Oracle database systems, however in the coming months they will be moving onto cloud platforms so the candidate will be heavily involved in the decisions and architecture of the systems going forward. As the database systems are required to operate 24/7 the candidate will be required to join the on call rota covering approximately 1 in every 4 weeks.
Team Management Responsibilities
• Manage team workload ensuring we have sufficient cover for all BAU tasks and project work.
• Manage any absences for the team members.
• Perform 1:1's with the team members.
• Ensure the work being carried out is in the priority order as defined by the business.
• Provide technically sound recommendations on how systems are modified, built and deployed. Ensuring at all times a best practice approach is followed.
• Convert high-level project specifications into tasks that can be processed by the team.
• Recommend technical solutions to business issues.
• Be the first point of contact for any technical database related issues.
• Provide advice and assistance to the rest of the team.
• Work on system architecture with the Database Manager.
• Provide recommendations to the Database Manager of any new systems, tools or processes that will improve the productivity of the team.
• Proactively monitor the company’s database systems for issues.
• Ensure security compliance at all levels.
• Design and implement suitable backup methods, as well as carry out any database recoveries if/when required.
• Support, patch, deploy and test database systems.
• Resolve any database performance issues at both a SQL level and instance level.
• Maintain technical documentation
• Carry out maintenance outside of normal hours and join the 24/7 on call rota.
If you would like to apply for this role or find out some more information then please send your CV to Alistair.Cairns-Cooke@reedglobal.com
• 6+ year’s solid commercial experience as an Oracle DBA supporting 10g, 11g or 12c.
• Good SQL knowledge.
• Experience in performance tuning an Oracle database system.
• Experience in performing database recoveries.
• Experience of working with an Oracle database under a bespoke web development environment.
• Analytical and critical thinking skills; agile problem-solving abilities.
• Detail oriented, self-motivated, able to work independently with no supervision, and is committed to the highest standards of quality for the entire release process.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Good attention to detail.
• Ability to work in a fast paced / changing environment.
• Ability to thrive in a deadline driven, stressful project environment.
• Confident and able to manage a team.
• Degree in Computer Science or similar.
• Knowledge of other database technologies such as SQL Server (2008+), Hadoop, Redshift, PostgreSQL and MySQL.
• Previous experience of managing systems within AWS.
• Knowledge of Elastic search.
• Knowledge of Redis.
29000.00 - 35000 GBP Per Annum, inc benefits
EDINBURGH, MIDLOTHIANRead more
40000 - 50000 GBP Per Annum
WEST DRAYTON, MIDDLESEXRead more
400.00 - 450.00 GBP Per Day
NORWICH, NORFOLKRead more
350.00 - 400.00 GBP Per Day
BARNSLEY, SOUTH YORKSHIRERead more
40000 - 45000 GBP Per Annum
STOCKTON-ON-TEES, CLEVELANDRead more