Senior Network Engineer
Salary: Dependant on experience
Type: Permanent role
Location: Central Newcastle upon Tyne
Benefits: Gym membership/ Car Scheme/ Holidays/ Pension/ Learning and Development
Within this global company, as a Senior Network Engineer responsible for the sustainability and development of data and voice infrastructure. You will experience global mobility, industry focus and a push for innovation day to day. This company are looking for a team member who wants to succeed in everything that they do. With a culture of rewarding merit, you will be a valued team member, rewarded through a progressive career path.
The positions primary role is delivering solutions through the sustainability programme, as well as providing Operational support and assisting the EMEA Network team during heavy project load.
The role will involve but is not limited to:
- Deliver solutions in adherence to the EMEA infrastructure sustainability programme and conforming to NRF’s project methodology
- Supporting the 3 year sustainability roadmap to maintain NRF environments and platforms to ensure we have a safe, secure and stable platform to deliver new innovation
- Creation of technical documentation and provision of education/knowledge transfer for IT and Level 1 and 2 teams.
- In cooperation with the Security team, implement and maintain data security best practices in network and unified communications solutions
- Providing 2nd and 3rd line support for the production services by addressing live issues that require a configuration change or which the higher level support teams have been unable to resolve.
- Building good working relationships with the Service Delivery, Network support and Business Support teams.
- Maintain appropriate support documentation and ensure training plans are in place with an adequate breadth of knowledge with the team to enable full supportability.
- Assist in developing long-term strategies and capacity planning for meeting future network needs.
Skills and Experience Required:
- 5+ years’ experience working in a similar role
- Experience in implementing and supporting routing and switching solutions based on cisco technologies (65xx, 38xx and Nexus platforms) for a global organization
- Strong technical knowledge of routing and signaling protocols such as BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, SIP
- Experience of managing a global MPLS WAN along with optimization technology (Riverbed)
- Knowledge of LAN and WAN prioritisation of voice and video traffic and providing Quality of Service (QoS) for voice and video
- Knowledge of SD WAN would be desirable
- Experience of firewall architecture and use of Checkpoint, Cisco or similar firewalls.
- Experience of troubleshooting remote access technologies(Citrix, Cisco Anyconnect VPN)
- Extensive experience in the diagnosis and resolution of network issues including packet-level analysis (Wireshark).
- Knowledge and experience of working internet web proxies and security gateways
- Familiarity of telephony solutions (Cisco Call Manager, Skype for Business, Lync).to provide network level support
If this role is of interest, please send your CV over to Hayley.firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP. This company are looking to interview before Christmas!