The client is a successful M&E Consultancy, they have remained busy throughout all of 2020 not needing to utilise the Furlough scheme for any of their staff. Due to growth in the business they are looking to take on a Senior Mechanical Engineer on a permanent basis, to be based in their Bristol office.
The main duties of the role will be to develop and present project design proposals to a client following the external brief and internal discussions so that client requirements are met, acting as either lead internal consultant or as member of a team.
• Prepare, ready for tender, specifications, designs, drawings, equipment schedules and contract documentation.
• Issue in conjunction with the client, contract documentation to tender, adjudicate and recommend appropriate contractor to meet project requirements.
• Establish and agree clear responsibility as lead internal consultant for the project. Propose labour resource requirements, monitor time and disbursements spends and take remedial action as appropriate on allocating the charges to the individual job to ensure that financial objectives are met.
• When acting as lead Consultant undertake all aspects of project management as defined by the client in his letter of appointment.
• Manage, guide and develop technical subordinates in order that they may fully participate in their various teams.
• Maintain an up to date knowledge of new techniques and technologies by participating in conferences, attending Continual Professional Development
sessions, reading technical in media etc.
The successful candidate will have a IEng with relevant experience, or a HNC or equivalent with extensive relevant experience.
Design software, hands on experience with, Specification Expert, TAS, BIM, Revit and Auto Cad
A Wide breadth of experience and knowledge in Consultancy field, with detailed design skills in particular specialism.
Appreciation of forms of agreement and contract documentation.
knowledge of job costing techniques.
knowledge of ISO 9001 & and ISO 14001
Interested? Please get in touch with Simon Millar on 01179147101 or email firstname.lastname@example.org