A fantastic opportunity to join a leading force in the medical industry - Responsible for manufacturing & process development.
- Drive continuous improvement, yield, and cycle time improvement projects
- Developing deep technical and historical knowledge of the process and product and applying it to decision making and/or process review
- Applying Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma principles to manufacturing processes
- Communication with supplier and able to work on external activities for improving component and sub-assembly deliverables to the manufacturing area
- Driving and providing support to quality processes (e.g., audits, non-conformance, CAPA, change management, field events/complaints)
- Conducting equipment and process validations, including IQ, OQ, and PQ
- Developing workflow, work station, and equipment improvement recommendations
- Designing and coordinating line layouts, assembly concepts, and set-ups for current products and line extensions
- Mentoring new engineers and providing training on new process or equipment modifications
- Building a strong collaborative working relationship with a broad range of personnel (e.g., Manufacturing, Quality, R&D, Clinical Specialists, Leadership)
- Responding with urgency to process and equipment issues
- Root cause analysis investigation for component and device nonconformance.
- Managing purchased component quality issues and working with materials management.
- Assist in the development of new products and variants of current products.
- Maintaining all records relating to manufacturing and associated activities.
- To adhere to all aspects of company QMS in the completion of their duties.
- To comply with and support the company HS & E policies and procedures.
- Support in any reasonable duties as requested by line manager.
Beneficial Education and Experience:
- Degree in Mechanical or Biomedical Engineering (or equivalent engineering degree) is required.
- Continuous improvement background (lean, six sigma).
- Experience working in a regulated environment (Medical Device, Pharma, Aerospace, automotive)
- Mechanical Engineering background with understanding of CAD and understanding technical Drawings.
- Scale - up and processing mapping experience.
- Excellent communication skills both to junior staff and senior managers (getting colleagues on side to get the best outcome)
** INITIAL 6 MONTH CONTRACT - POTENTIAL TO BE EXTENDED **