An exciting opportunity has arisen for a career driven Senior Lettings Negotiator to join our well-established and successful client, working in one of their local offices.
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate ambition, self-motivation, eagerness to learn, enthusiasm to be involved in the business and passion.
Above all they must have outstanding customer service skills, excellent communication skills and a hard-working and dedicated attitude.
Additionally if they have management skills that would be an advantage, as well as enjoy working in a close-knit team.
My client would therefore consider candidates from a variety of similar backgrounds, as well as candidates experienced within the property industry.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Assist with the management of the front office dealing with face to face, telephone and e-mail enquiries.
- Assist with the management of the applicant database online; ensuring regular contact is made with all prospective tenants.
- Correctly record all messages, viewings and appointments.
- Ensure Landlord’s Instructions are taken and filed and updated on system.
- Market new instructions, attend the property taking photos and full descriptions
- Update website with new property details and ensure current at all times.
- Ensure window display is up to date.
- Provide lettings lists.
- Ensure the property register is accurate.
- Register applicants and match applicants to properties using software system.
- Arrange and attend viewings.
- Liaise and negotiate offers between landlords and tenants and close deals.
- Signing up tenants and working through the process.
- Ensure all tenancies commence in line with legislation and the Company's guidelines.
- Ensure offers are accepted, all terms agreed and application forms are completed in full by prospective tenants.
- Pass completed application forms along with deal sheets to Lettings Progressor.
- Ensure referencing process is dealt with in a timely manner and all parties are kept informed.
- Ensure the tenancies are renewed, rents reviewed and negotiated and all paperwork created and completed for every property.
- Arrange rent protection cover for all managed properties and ensure it remains in place.
- Review service levels and look to convert let only business to managed where appropriate.
- Canvassing / leafleting to seek new business opportunities including targeting competitors.
- Networking in the community
- Seek further business development opportunities.
- Maximise board presence and promote brand awareness at all times.
- Build and maintain excellent working relationships with landlords and tenants.
- Achieve pre-agreed targets.
- Attend all meetings and training courses as required by your Line Manager.
Additional attributes required are:
- Negotiation skills
- Organisational skills
- Multi-tasking skills
- Influence and relationship skills
- Flexible attitude