Senior IT Support Engineer
Type: 6 month FTC
Salary: £35,000 Pro Rata
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne/ Remote
A Senior IT Support Engineer is required to provide 1st and 2nd line support to internal staff within an organisation and support other analysts in their day-to-day work. You will be involed in quality checking the teams work and providing feedback to individuals. Ensuring adherence to key ITSM processes across the IT Support team will be an essential day to day task. Day to day, your focus will be resolving incidents and requests from email/phone/customer portals/ live chat as well as providing excellent customer service. As a senior member of the team, you will take ownership of incidents and escalate where necessary.
You will be supporting the IT Support Manager and dealing with escalations from the team. You will review team stats each month and collate customer feedback to ensure excellent customer service levels at all time. You will be responsible for ensuring the Joiner, Mover & leaver processes run smoothly and are actioned in a timely manner.
Experience required to apply for this role:
- Experience working in a fast paced and highly regulated service desk environment.
- Windows Server experience
- Experience providing remote support and troubleshooting issues form a remote desktop.
- Office 365 experience would be beneficial.
- Active Directory and Group Policy
- Skills across infrastructure, desktop devices and operating systems with the ability to problem solve and fix issues.
- You will be a proactive member of the team, coming forward with suggestions and ideas that will be welcomed and encouraged.
- You will proactively look to take on tasks from other support teams to improve the ability of the service desk to fix issues at point of call.
- Experience of managing high volumes of incoming phone calls.
- Experience of managing calls and requests within SLA.
- Experience of managing on-boarding, systems access and off-boarding of employees during their organisational lifetime.
To find out more and apply, please send an updated CV to Hayley.Bee@reed.com ASAP. This role requires someone to start ASAP and will be interviewing as soon as next week. This role has a potential to become permanent however cannot currently guarantee. You must be fully eligible to work in the UK to apply to this role.