Senior IT Technician – Desktop/ Infrastructure
Location: South Sheilds
An international copany are currently searching for a Senior IT Technican to take over their technical department and work closely alongside a managed service provider to oversee the the UK division. You will eb responsible to the maintainance, implimentation, and development of IT systems within the business. Alongside this, you will be the go-to person for advice regarding the use of technology throughout the business and align this with the global objectives for the company.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for all IT related functions at the site including Computer Network, Servers, Network applications, e-mail, Internet Access, Desktop PCs, laptops, Network and local printers, Copiers, Fax Machines and Projectors.
- You will be responsible for the telephone system and programming, building security access system and all associated wiring of the above systems.
- Continued development and delivery of Service Level Agreements (SLAs) with Internal, Corporate and External customers
- Specify all hardware and some desktop software requirements for the entire site. Approve all billing invoices and write PRs for Telecom and IT related expenditure.
- Ensuring compliance with national legislation regarding the storage and use of IT in line with GDPR standards.
- Handle any aspect of IS security link to your responsibility: e.g., keep all servers and computers up to date, check, and conduct actions of the scan of Vulnerability.
- Budget, forecast and anticipate the evolutions of IT infrastructure, liscence needs.
- Maintain hardware inventory.
To find out more and interview, please apply ASAP. You must be fully eligible to work in the UK to apply to this position. Interviews will be taking place over teams as soon as next week. This will be an on-site role and you will not be workign remotely.