A large, multinational business based in East London is looking to hire an experienced Internal Auditor to join their Head office team. The Audit function conducts audits of operational and financial controls throughout the business and its operating companies.
The role would suit a technically trained Qualified Accountant and is an ideally opportunity to get full exposure to both Financial and Operational Audit across a group function. In addition, the company offers an exceptional benefits package and opportunity for career advancement.
Duties will cover
• Preparation of process descriptions/abstracts, identifies key risks and related controls, and develops audit program and test plans under supervision.
• Executes fieldwork on complex audit engagements.
• Lead audits and occasionally supervises and reviews work of assigned audit staff.
• Responsible for evaluating internal controls and compliance with policies and procedures.
• Analyses and tests processes, identifies risk exposures and control weaknesses and develops workable cost-effective recommendations for improvement.
• Evaluates effectiveness of controls based on test results.
• Evaluates compliance with policies, plans, procedures, rules of regulatory agencies, and accounting standards.
• Develops new or improved procedures related to internal controls to enhance overall company profitability and efficiency.
• Preparation of draft audit reports for clients.
• Updating management on audit projects, including status of project time budgets and schedules to ensure timely completion.
• Stays abreast of accounting and auditing standards, computer technology advancements, and applicable laws.
Applicants will need a minimum 5 years’ experience in internal, external audit, or accounting (or related field). Strong technical knowledge of UK GAAP and IFRS within an audit setting is essential, ideally with exposure in large corporate settings.