|Location: ASHFORD COMMON, MIDDLESEX||Salary: 25000.00 - 30000.00 GBP Per Annum|
|Sector: Engineering||Job Type: Permanent|
|Shift Type: N/A||Applications: N/A|
|Posted: 13 days ago||Reference: 3072245|
Reporting to the Technical Service Manager, you will perform service operations, carrying out repairs, maintenance and installation of Turnstiles and accessories on a key account site.
Essentially you should have a minimum ONC or equivalent in Electronic Engineering and are ideally an experienced Installation Engineer. Your background in Electronics has preferably been gained in a high technology service environment, together with an understanding of Motor driven applications.
You should have excellent people and motivational skills and the ability to communicate in a professional manner with customers at all levels, providing service information, technical data and general help as necessary.
At the interview you will be asked some Electronic and Electro-mechanical questions so please be prepared to answer some basic questions.
You will install, monitor and maintain my client’s entrance control systems nationwide with the occasional overseas visit. You may install and configure turnstile systems, diagnose hardware/software faults and solve technical and applications problems, either over the phone or in person.
Typical work activities
In essence, Customer Services Support Engineers are responsible for ensuring the smooth running of their systems and ensuring users get maximum benefits from them. Tasks vary depending on the size of the Install, but may include:
• installing and configuring entrance control systems and applications;
• monitoring and maintaining entrance control systems;
• talking staff/clients through a series of actions, either face to face or over the telephone;
• troubleshooting system problems and diagnosing and solving faults;
• replacing parts as required;
• providing support, including procedural documentation;
• following diagrams and written instructions to repair a fault or set up a system;
• responding within agreed time limits to call-outs;
• working continuously on a task until completion (or referral to third parties, if appropriate);
• prioritising and managing many open cases at one time;
• rapidly establish a good working relationship with customers and other professionals (e.g. Access Control and Principle Contractors);
• testing and evaluating new products;
• conducting electrical safety checks on Power Supply and entrance control equipment.
• Provide support, advocacy and information to the individuals we support.
• Provide phone and practical support to users.
• Supporting users to take any prescribed installation, complying with all end user policies, including storage, administering and record keeping.
• Assist in devising, implementing and reviewing service plans.
• Good health, able to undertake jobs that require lifting and carrying
• Full clean UK driving licence
• Basic IT skills
• Ability to carry out evening and weekend work
• Onsite installation, drilling into concrete, stud fixing, cable pulling and termination.
Communication and Customer Service skills:
• Good customer service skills with experience of helping customers and identifying their needs
• Friendly, confident, polite, helpful manner with the general public
• Patient and able to deal with challenging customers
• Effective and reliable when working as part of a team
Duration Permanent with a 3 month ( 60 working days ) Probation Period
Salary Between £25,000 - £40,000 depending upon skills and experience.
Hours 40 hours a week
Holidays 20 days per annum plus the 8 Bank Holidays and a 3 day shut-down at Xmas
Benefits Company car and mobile phone and the Pension scheme is NEST.
Overtime Weekend and evening work is sometimes required and will be paid at ‘double time’ for weekend work and ‘time & half’ for midweek work
Travel You may have to travel: worldwide (rarely), Europe (rarely), around the UK (sometimes) and London (mostly) with all expenses paid.
25000.00 - 30000.00 GBP Per Annum
ASHFORD COMMON, MIDDLESEXRead more
50000.00 - 54000.00 GBP Per Annum
NORTHAMPTONSHIRE, EAST MIDLANDSRead more
36000.00 - 52000.00 GBP Per Annum
MELKSHAM, WILTSHIRERead more
40000.00 - 43000.00 GBP Per Annum
NORTHAMPTONSHIRE, EAST MIDLANDSRead more