One of REED Technologies Public Sector clients in Edinburgh are looking for a Windows Infrastructure Engineer to undertake a large scale project expected to last at least 12 months…
DAY RATE - £400- £500 OUTSIDE IR35
The organisation are looking to start a managed migration to the Microsoft 365 E5 platform for all of their employees, upgrading all endpoints to Windows 10 and implementing changes to their VDI service. The operation will create a lot of demand, but our client focuses on quality, and not delivery dates.
As the senior technical resource for the project team, you will be expected to have:
- Experience of working in a similarly sized (1300 users) environment with Enterprise grade controls and expectations
- Extensive experience of Microsoft and Citrix technologies including Office 365;
- File share and permission management
- Review plans and work regularly in line with changing priorities and/or customer expectations
- Experience of working within a mature agile team where trust, communication, collaboration, forward thinking, workload visualisation and constructive challenge are key attributes
- Experience performing full system tuning including servers, application, network, and client device
- Experience of establishing appropriate security e.g. SSO, two factor authentication, and appropriate data backup
Desirable, but not essential:
- Previous experience of migrating services to SaaS services including Office 365, Azure, AWS, and Citrix Desktops and Apps
- Previous experience of designing OneDrive and SharePoint deployments;
- Knowledge and experience of VFQ/Agile techniques including Kanban;
- Experience of the wider cloud technologies including Azure and AWS.
If you’d like to be part of this project, then please apply now.
If you have any questions then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org