Do you hold a professional accounting qualification and have experience with the financial regulations of a local government authority?
We have been engaged by an organisation who are involved in exciting projects aimed at the improvement of the local region.
Due to the success and growth of the venture, there is an urgent need for a Qualified Senior Technical Accountant.
In this vital role your responsibilities will include -
- Be the primary Accountant preparing statement of accounts and notes for the organisation and their subsidiaries
- Partner with the Finance team, coordinating and communicating the accounts closure process to achieve year end deadlines
- Daily management of the organisation’s cashflow, ensure requirements are met
- Lead on technical accounting matters
- Have ownership of the development of the budget providing accurate information to key decision makers on expenditure and forecast reserve balances
- Contribute to the development of finance team members
- Partnering with other colleagues to develop and lead the annual medium term Financial Plan
Your role will also involve partnering with those from both the private and public sectors, to coordinate strategic and spatial plans.
Technically you must hold a current ACCA, ACA, CIMA or CIPFA qualification and can demonstrate current experience and knowledge of local government accounting, producing year end statements and accounts.
You will have an exceptional attention to detail with extremely effective methods of communicating and developing sound relationships at all levels.
The post will require those who are high adaptable – and comfortable – with change and expectations. You’ll likely be highly organised, be able to relay financial information to those not of a finance background in a clear and concise manner, and motivated to your own and the organisation’s success.
An attractive remuneration and benefits are available for the successful applicant - contact us immediately if you have the experience and would like to learn more at firstname.lastname@example.org