Reed Accountancy are working with a public sector in North Nottinghamshire who are looking for a Senior Financial Accountant to work with them on a contract basis until the end of September 2020.
Day rate - £300 - £420
For this role you will need to be a self starter who can hit the ground running. Extensive experience of closing down public sector accounts and being the main liaison with external auditors is essential.
Main Duties include:
- Maintain an in-depth technical knowledge of all relevant accounting legislation and regulations in order to advise and support the technical accounting team and to provide advice and support to the wider organisation as required.
- Prepare statutory accounts, notes, working papers and all associated documentation.
- Advise on the continued reliability, adequacy and future potential of the main accounting and feeder systems taking into account future business needs and changes in regulations and legislation and implement changes accordingly.
- Work with the External Auditor to produce prompt responses to all audit requests in respect of the audit of the statement of accounts, consulting with Business Partners, Head of Finance and CFO’s as appropriate.
- Provide advice to officers and to staff on the interpretation of the organisations Finance Standing Orders and Financial Regulations.
- Assist in producing detailed procedures, guidance and advice to ensure the prompt closedown of the accounts.
- Liaise with the External Auditor throughout the year to assess and confirm all external audit requirements ensuring that this is built into internal procedures.
- Manage the reconciliation, compilation and reporting of all appropriate statutory and government returns/pay-overs (e.g. Inland Revenue, Child Support agency, staff associations) and all relevant grant claims (e.g. Partner funding, officer secondments etc) within prescribed timescales.
- Manage systems for all aspects of treasury management activities including planning, forecasting, and oversight. Provide management information and analysis and liaise with professional treasury management advisers to ensure optimum use is made of available resources.
- Liaise with insurance advisors, linking in with the risk Management function and the Treasurer as appropriate, in order to ensure the Group has appropriate insurance cover that achieves value for money in delivering the Organisation’s objectives.