A NEW and exciting opportunity is available with a leading local authority based in Tameside, Greater Manchester. The role will require you to work as a Senior Finance Manger to support the Children's and Adults Social Care services. The contract is initially a year long contract till November 2020 but could possibly be further extended or even made into a permanent contract. This is a full time contract (36 hours per week) with flexible hours.
You will be responsible for managing a team that delivers financial targets for the authority in the long term with emphasis on obtaining value for money.
Financial duties and responsibilities:
To provide finance management, technical and business planning advice, training and support within the appropriate areas of responsibilities to elected members, senior management, partners, internal and external clients.
To be personally responsible for taking all necessary steps to fully understand the business needs of the designated client services to enable the provision of professional assistance to service management and realise value for money and service improvement.
To develop and maintain excellent working relationships with clients
To improve the financial planning of the organisation
Budgets and Accounts:
- To lead the coordination of revenue budget, medium term financial strategy, service plans and annual accounts in accordance with stringent timescales and processes for the whole of the organisation and at other times as required by clients
- Examine and evaluate medium and long term budget implications
- Manage the monitoring of budgets and advise on any actions that need to be taken
- To supervise, manage and develop staff members of the team to ensure continuous service improvement.
- To manage the day to day work priorities and functionality of the team.
- To respond to enquiries and requests for information and advice from both internal and external customers in a professional and efficient manner.
- CCAB/CIMA Qualified Accountant with sustained membership
- Experience of budget preparation and control, closure of accounts in a large organisation and appraisal of business cases for new investment.
- Ability to advise and influence through negotiation, persuasion, and motivation, senior budget holders and other staff, including those within own team
- Managerial experience within a finance environment, being able to demonstrate practical experience of leading, motivating and supporting colleagues to achieve key service objectives and outcomes.
- Finance experience within a large complex organisation.
Please note that as you will be working for the Children's and Social care department, a Standard DBS/CRB will be required which has to be on the update service. Candidates without this will have to agree to get a DBS check done.
This is a fantastic opportunity not to be missed. Apply now if it is of interest.