As part of the commercial finance team, you’ll be instrumental in supporting one of the UK’s leading resource management businesses, helping to drive improved financial performance that supports a greener, more sustainable approach to waste management.
You'll be hands on, assisting stakeholders across the organisation, helping them to make better decisions through sound financial analysis and guidance on where improvements can be made.
With the UK moving towards a more sustainable circular economy, you'll be part of a business that's committed to supporting ongoing, low carbon energy creation.
Reporting to the finance business partner, your responsibilities would include:
- Support the development and embedding of a positive safety culture at all levels across the Company and in particular the relevant business area.
- Provide accurate, high quality financial analysis to deliver insightful management information and recommendations to aid operational efficiency, cost control and to identify areas of potential revenue growth.
- Manage the preparation of accurate, timely budget and forecast models, providing appropriate challenge to ensure they are based on robust assumptions for revenue, operating and capital expenditure.
- Prepare monthly cost centre Profit and Loss Accounts and complete Balance Sheet reconciliations, ensuring all material assets and liabilities have been correctly accounted for, posting journals where necessary.
- Prepare detailed variance analysis and to provide commentary on results to explain performance.
- Prepare and analyse financial and operational KPI’s, drawing conclusions from the data trends so to provide recommendations of how to improve operational and financial performance.
- Manage the preparation of accurate, timely monthly financial reports with reliable conclusions that management can use to drive profitability.
- Assist with fuel supply contract mobilisation by developing financial management models including payment mechanism and performance measurement framework modelling.
- Safeguard and optimise gate fee revenues and to ensure contract terms are adhered to, including the application of annual indexation mechanisms.
- Support the development and embedding of standardised financial controls, policies and procedures to establish good governance practice and to ensure these are followed and adhered to.
The ideal candidate
- Qualified CIMA / ACCA / ACA
- Strong Financial and analytical experience with experience of working with large data sets.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
- To be able to prepare clear / insightful financial analysis which will drive operational and financial performance.
- Experience of using financial analysis to identify and recommend areas for operational and financial improvements
- Ability to challenge and influence
- Commercial or business partnering experience desirable
- Several years’ experience of working in a Finance role, ideally supporting multi-site operations
- Vision, identifying opportunities to improve
- Full drivers licence
- A competitive Salary
- Study Support
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- 6% matched pension
- Huge opportunities for progression
If you are ready to work for a world class organisation making a real difference nationally and in the community, APPLY NOW