|Location: CENTRAL LONDON, LONDON||Salary: 50000 - 60000 GBP Per Annum|
|Sector: Property & Construction||Job Type: Permanent|
|Shift Type: N/A||Applications: 1|
|Posted: 10 months ago||Reference: 3065667|
Our Client has one of the world’s leading Rail infrastructure consultancy teams based in the UK. We have a reputation for leading edge and properly thought-out designs for our clients in the UK, Europe, Middle East and Africa. We work on our own projects, with other Digital disciplines, and as part of larger Arup multi-disciplinary teams.
Our projects are across many market sectors, from corporate to education and healthcare, from sports to hotels and leisure.
Our clients expect the best ICT Infrastructure consultancy and Arup strives to maintain its reputation. Anyone joining the team must be committed to accuracy of work and imagination in solutions.
As a Senior Digital Consultant and team leader you will be involved in a range of projects from minor renovation/ refits through to extensive major new builds. Your time may be used for a single large project or multiple smaller opportunities. Projects will be delivered to all vertical markets where the client's Digital arm operates including Government, Retail, Transport, Sport and Commercial as primary focus areas. You will provide telecoms advice and design content to external clients, other Client disciplines and Rail design team colleagues typically for GRIP Stages 2 – 8 and RIBA stages 2 through to 6.
You will manage your own administrative time and development tasks to include Career Development, Personal Development Plans and Training. A mentor will be available to assist with this and your chartership application to the IET.
Your work will be of a high standard driven by a desire to deliver outstanding and innovative technical designs and advice to our clients. You will be prepared to collaborate with others and to actively engage in each project and overall development of the CLients Digital aspects.
Requirements and Skills
Essential Skills and Knowledge:
• Able to demonstrate proficient experience of telecommunications systems design with an emphasis on telecommunication networks and equipment and major station information systems.
• In-depth knowledge and understanding of operational communications within the UK Rail sector.
• Thorough working knowledge of Network Rail Standards.
• Experience working in a multi-disciplinary consulting practice.
• Experience working in virtual design teams.
• Experience communicating from peer colleagues to senior client representatives.
• Ability to manage and prioritize workload to achieve milestones and submission dates.
• Telecommunications or Electronic Engineering Degree – Essential.
• MEng or MSC in Telecommunications – Desirable.
• Member of IET & IRSE – Desirable.
• Cisco or other Network Manufacturer Accreditation – Desirable.
Desirable skills and knowledge:
• Self-motivated inquisitive learner.
• Technical skill/ solution motivated career path.
• Some knowledge in active network (wired) and WLAN technology/ design preferred. Other complementary skill area/ experience including DAS, ACS, CCTV, IP telephony or Unified Communications would also be beneficial.
26000.00 - 30000 GBP Per Annum
ASPLEY, NOTTINGHAMSHIRERead more
220.00 - 375.00 GBP Per Day
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRERead more
40000.00 - 60000.00 GBP Per Annum
SOUTHAMPTON, HAMPSHIRERead more
40000 - 50000 GBP Per Annum
BRISTOL, AVONRead more
30 - 42 GBP Per Hour
SOUTHEND-ON-SEA, ESSEXRead more