|Location: BANBURY, OXFORDSHIRE||Salary: 13.31 - 14.84 GBP Per Hour|
|Sector: Property & Construction||Job Type: Temporary|
|Shift Type: N/A||Applications: N/A|
|Posted: 3 months ago||Reference: 3077160|
- To contribute to the development and motivation of the Development Directorate; support in monitoring its performance and to flag issues and potential solutions in a timely fashion.
- To assist the team Leader to provide specialist advice on urban design or conservation issues, including architecture, historic buildings, applications for Listed Building Consent, buildings at risk, locally listed buildings, architecture, archaeology, Conservation Area Consent, conservation areas and related conservation matters.
- To support in provision of specialist advice on design or conservation matters as required by the Head of Service, to Council’s Executive, Planning Committee, Executive, Council and other Committees, informal and formal site visits, internal and external working groups and other meetings, as appropriate, on matters relating to the Development Directorate.
- To help to achieve and promote, a high standard of design or conservation in development in the District.
- To provide a high standard of timely design or conservation advice to the development management and major developments service.
- To assist in the preparation of high quality design and regeneration guidance including literature on urban design or conservation issues.
- To support the Team Leader, to prepare graphical and photographic material to present and communicate design or conservation concepts/proposals to the Council’s Executive and Committees, the development industry and the public.
- To contribute to the preparation of development briefs as may be required by the Team Leader.
- To prepare and give evidence at public inquiries and examinations commensurate with the grade and the level of responsibility and complexity involved.
- To assist the team Leader to designate conservation areas and make changes thereto and to prepare conservation area appraisals and management plans.
- To assist , commensurate with grade, in the preparation and review of the Local Plan including policy making and site specific advice as required.
- To represent, commensurate with grade, the Head of Development Management at Executive and Committee meetings, internal/external Working Groups and meetings with Government and County Departments, outside bodies/agencies, Parish Councils and public meetings.
- To assist the Team Leader by contributing, commensurate to grade, to the negotiation of planning agreements and environmental improvement projects.
- To provide cover for the operation and maintenance of design and conservation services function in the absence of the relevant officers when required or requested to do so.
- To work closely under the direction of the Team Leaders, managers and supervisors, both within and outside the Design and Conservation Team to ensure that there is full interaction between the teams to jointly provide a quality service for the Development Directorate in support of matrix management.
- To contribute to the introduction/implementation of changes to procedures and to and recommend changes to policies that improve the services being provided.
- To operate within the framework and objectives of the Investors in People Standard.
- Commensurate to career progression; to supervise and/or direct staff, including the preparation and maintenance of Personal Development plans, performance appraisals and reviews, to annually review job descriptions and to ensure records are kept of all training and development undertaken by staff within the team, including post-entry training.
- To manage consultants and project teams as and when required and requested by the Head of Service.
16.45 - 20.40 GBP Per Hour
LEICESTER, LEICESTERSHIRERead more
20000.00 - 25000 GBP Per Annum
AYLESBURY, BUCKINGHAMSHIRERead more
40000 - 42000 GBP Per Annum
STOKE NEWINGTON, LONDONRead more
8.59 - 8.59 GBP Per Hour
GLENFIELD, LEICESTERSHIRERead more
40000 - 50000 GBP Per Annum
BRISTOL, AVONRead more