Reed Accountancy are currently representing a fantastic Company based in South East London who are looking to bring on board a Senior Commercial Analyst to join their team on a 12 month fixed term contract with the possibility of a permanent appointment. This newly formed role will support the wider commercial objectives of the Group by providing key insights on potential new business opportunities and acquisitions.
The responsibilities will be varied but primarily be focused on evaluating and critically assessing business opportunities through a commercial lens, identifying key revenue and cost drivers and constructing robust financial models.
The candidate will be an expert in financial modelling with exceptional attention to detail while being able to see the big picture and make recommendations on their analysis.
Data Analysis and research
-Extracting and aggregating data from various sources and ensuring that it is reliable, consistent and complete.
- Analysing complex datasets to verify model drivers and assumptions. This includes historical data to identify patterns, trends and key points in the business/sales cycles.
- Researching and gathering market/competitor data for benchmarking purposes.
Financial modelling and analysis
- End-to-end development of financial models. This includes working with senior stakeholders in the conceptualisation phase in order to understand key operational drivers.
- From a blank canvas, you will be required to build dynamic and robust financial models capable of forecasting revenue and costs under various scenarios and sensitivities
- Identifying KPIs and additional metrics while also performing financial analysis.
Presentation of findings and writing of business cases
- Clearly and articulately discuss conclusions, assumptions and decision points with senior stakeholders for board level review.
- Be able to form a commercial narrative that provides context to the financial model.
The ideal candidate will be from a similar Background and have experience working within a similar role, or seeking to transfer their skills as a progressive step forwards into this post. The successful candidate will possess an excellent eye for detail, a can do attitude and a willingness to deliver key business objectives in a timely fashion. In order to apply for this role you will need to ensure that you meet the below criteria:-
- Educated to degree level in Business, Accounting or similar field. (Essential)
- Part qualified CIMA/ACCA. (Essential)
- At least 3 years of experience in a financial planning/analysis role. (Essential)
- Demonstrable financial and commercial acumen, including a working understanding of P&Ls and Balance sheets with an ability to identify the factors that drive financial performance. (Essential)
- Previous experience in building presentations and writing business cases. (Essential)
- Advanced user of Microsoft Excel (VLOOKUP, pivot tables, advanced charting and dashboard design). (Essential)
- Highly presentable with excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal). (Essential)
- Can-do attitude, with a strong work ethic and ability to manage tight deadlines. (Essential)
- Resourceful, insightful and inquisitive - able to identify gaps or weaknesses in data and apply a methodical approach to problem-solving. (Essential)