My client is a leading strategic advisory, advocacy and communications consultancy helping leading public and private sector organisations act with agility, and build organisational reputations, brands, relationships and solutions to succeed.
The European Finance team, based in London, provide all financial accounting and management accounting services to all of the Europe region offices. They are recruiting for a Senior Commercial Accountant to join the team on a permanent basis, £60,000 - £65,000 per annum.
The senior commercial accountant will be responsible for the monthly revenue recognition of various European entities. In addition, the person in this role will be required to manage the monthly revenue forecasts in conjunction with client business managers, able to serve as a backup on complex project billing, complete project cost reconciliations across multiple entities across Europe. These may change according to the business requirements
• Ensure the proper revenue recognition in accordance with Company revenue policies and US
• Working closely with client business managers, billers and the wider finance team, review
contracts prior to project creation on Maconomy to ensure the most appropriate revenue
• Support the monthly & annual revenue forecasting
• Prepare Revenue Recognition Checklists (RRCs)
• Manage monthly revenue accounting close efforts for assigned area, including assurance of
accurate and timely results and preparation of auditable revenue and deferred revenue
• Maintain appropriate deferred revenue schedules to support recognition of revenue against
• Participate in the balance sheet review process including analysis of accrued, deferred and
• Reconciliation of WIP against Invoices on Account for Retainer and Fixed Price projects
• Preparation of audit support for revenue recognised during each financial year (external audit is around two weeks in May)
• Liaise with the business management team to provide robust explanations for variance
• Assist with new business proposals and budgeting
As my client is a global strategic communications and public affairs consultancy business, the requirements are based on the core need for considerable experience in the PR/ Professional Services industry:
• Degree Educated – 1st or 2nd (or equivalent) from a leading university – and able to
demonstrate that they are a: self-starter, energetic, and proactive;
• Experience with oversight of a large volume of projects and revenue management
• Fluent English language skills;
• Maconomy experience essential
• Advanced Excel skills;
• Able to demonstrate that they are a detail orientated, a self-starter and proactive;
• Familiar hitting tight reporting deadlines with an eye for accuracy and completeness;
• Effective relationship building and communication skills;
Experience within a similar business and in PR/Professional Services is a must so please only apply if you match the criteria.
If you are interested please apply today!