Senior Client Accountant
My client, who are an established Property firm based in London due to recent growth are seeking a Client Accountant to join their accounts team to manage their commercial portfolio.
This role will require someone who can maintain stakeholder and client relationships on an accounting front along with the ability to work closely with property managers and administration staff.
Successful candidates will also be responsible for managing the team who deal with the service charge functions for both commercial and residential properties and will report to the Head of Accounts.
• Management of client reporting and service chare accounting for a portfolio of clients
• Preparation year-end service charge accounts in line with statutory practice
• Preparation monthly and quarterly/periodic client statements and VAT reports
• Preparation of rent demands on a monthly/quarterly basis
• Attend client meetings
• Assist property managers with drafting of annual service budgets and implementation
• Assist property manager with arrears chasing and liaising with managers/client regarding further action
• Assist with general accounting duties across the department e.g. receipt posting, bank reconciliations and client pay overs
Key Experience & Qualifications needed:
• At least 5 years’ experience with strong understanding of service charge accounting
• Qualified Accountant (ACCA/CIMA/ACA)
• Experience and knowledge of property management systems such as PROPMAN, QUBE, TRAMPS or similar
• Team management experience
• High level communication skills
• Solid numerical skills and exposure to Microsoft software