Job title: Senior Client Accountant
Salary: £40,000 - £45,000 per annum
Working hours: Full-time – 9:00 – 17:30
Our client is an established and growing Property firm based in Central London. They are currently looking to bring in an experienced Senior Client Accountant/Property Accountant who can deputise for the Head of Accounts & supervise an Accounts Payable Assistant and Client Accountant.
The role is working across a London based commercial portfolio, it is hands on role and you will be client facing as part of new tenders and on-going reviews.
Working in an agile, fast-paced and friendly environment the role covers all aspects of Commercial Client Accounting and Service Charges and will also require you to assist, at times across their Residential Block Management portfolio.
The role will involve:
- All aspects of managing the client reporting and service charge accounting for a portfolio of clients
- Attending client meetings
- Preparing year-end service charge accounts, in line with recommended and statutory practice
- Assisting the property managers with the drafting of annual service budgets and implementation of the same
- Preparing monthly and quarterly/periodic client statements and VAT reports
- Preparation of rent demands on a monthly/quarterly basis
- Assisting property managers with arrears chasing and liaising with the property managers/clients for further action
- Assisting department with general accounting duties such as receipt posting, bank reconciliations and client pay overs
This position will involve closely working with internal stakeholders and the wider management function. A confident approach is essential with the ability to work on your own but also a willingness to offer solutions and improvements to the current systems.
The successful candidate will also be responsible for managing the team who deal with the service charge functions for both commercial and residential properties so ideally you can demonstrate leadership in your career to date.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Client Accountant who is looking to develop their career in a client facing, management role with scope to grow.