|Location: GLASGOW, LANARKSHIRE||Salary: 35000.00 - 42000.00 GBP Per Annum|
|Sector: Procurement & Supply Chain||Job Type: Permanent|
|Shift Type: N/A||Applications: N/A|
|Posted: 3 months ago||Reference: 3042196|
As the Senior Category Specialist you will manage and develop a team, leading on strategic sourcing activities for a specific category spend with the aim of achieving cost reductions, whilst maintain/improving service delivery.
You will work under the general direction of the Procurement Manager but will be required to deliver your Team’s work programme, monitor performance of the Team whilst managing the conflicting priorities and deadlines that such a role entails.
You will ensure procurement processes are carried out in an ethical, transparent, professional manner that is compliant with legislation and best practice.
In addition you will;
• To be an active member of the Procurement Team.
• To assist in the implementation and monitoring the Procurement Strategy, Policy and Procedures on goods, services and works to ensure the achievement of Best Value.
• To ensure best practice and the achievement of effective governance and standards in procurement including, conformance with the Standing Orders Relating to Contracts and National and European legislation.
• To provide professional advice and guidance to all Directorates on procurement solutions to enable service delivery in line with corporate objectives.
• To develop effective partnerships and promote professional procurement working practices to ensure that all services are delivered with maximum effectiveness and continually improve as appropriate to meet needs.
• To maintain an effective knowledge and awareness of professional developments in procurement ensuring human, physical and financial resources are in place to deliver effective performance in support of corporate objectives
• Effective line management of team members including absence, disciplinary and performance management.
You will be able to demonstrable recent relevant experience of public sector procurement, have significant experience of leading and evaluating tender processes (>£50k) for a diverse range of commodities and leading and evaluating high value EU tender processes and implementing collaborative framework agreements .
Finally, you will have considerable experience in the development and implementation of e-Procurement using the PCS portal including the Quick Quotes and PCS-T facilities
If you would like to have a confidential discussion regarding this role, please call Simon Johnston-Maude on 0131 240 3680.
27000 - 29000 GBP Per Annum
CAMBERLEY, SURREYRead more
37659 - 46433 GBP Per Annum, inc benefits
WATERLOO, LONDONRead more
145 - 192 GBP Per Day
DORKING, SURREYRead more
27000.00 - 29000.00 GBP Per Annum
CAMBERLEY, SURREYRead more
50000 - 55000 GBP Per Annum, inc benefits
SOUTHGATE, LONDONRead more