|Location: BRENT, MIDDLESEX||Salary: 16600.00 - 20700.00 GBP Per Annum|
|Sector: Care||Job Type: Permanent|
|Shift Type: N/A||Applications: N/A|
|Posted: 3 months ago||Reference: 3101677|
Senior Care and Support Worker
Full time –37.5 Hrs per week- 5 day rota working over 7 days
Shifts – 7.30am-2.30pm / 2.30pm – 10pm + sleep ins
£16,600 to £20,700 pro rata
About the job:
To provide care and support services to adults with learning disabilities. To work flexibly to ensure individual needs are met while maximising independence, choice, dignity, privacy and well-being.
• Work with customers to develop, review and update of care and support plans and risk assessments in line with policy.
• Deliver care and support in line with care and support plans and risk assessments.
• Encourage and support customers to establish and maintain positive relationships with their family and friends and engage in activities which help them to achieve their personal goals.
• Provide support and practical assistance to customers around benefits, budgeting, paying bills and accessing appropriate services, including some housing management.
• Provide social and emotional support to customers in line with policies & procedures and best practice.
• Promote self advocacy and act as the customers’ advocate where appropriate.
• Be aware of customers’ wellbeing, safety and state of health, reporting any concerns.
• To provide care and support that is appropriate to the age, gender, disability, race, religion and sexuality of the customer to enhance their quality of life and independence.
• Ensure all necessary records are accurate and up to date.
• Experience of providing care and support to vulnerable people (voluntary experience also qualifies)
• Understanding of the needs of vulnerable people
• Ability to work across 5 sites within the borough of Brent
• Have a flexible and “can do approach
• Knowledge of health & safety issues relating to care and support of vulnerable people
• Ability to work flexibly to meet customer and service requirements across a geographical area
• Competent Microsoft word, excel and outlook user
• Availability for working unsocial hours, weekends and public holidays on a rota basis
• Carry out sleep ins where appropriate
• Ability to work using own initiative and as a member of a team
• Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care related subject area or equivalent, or a willingness to undertake Diploma training
• Knowledge and understanding of relevant legislation
What Metropolitan can offer you:
Metropolitan offers an excellent and unique Benefits package that can be adapted to suit each individual. We offer employees the opportunity to choose from a wide variety of benefits which includes options around Childcare Vouchers, Health and Wellbeing Programme, Employee Assistance and discounts with multiple retailers and many more. We also offer an impressive Pension Scheme and 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays, with the ability to buy and sell up to 5 days! Along with all this we are about to launch our Metro Academy which will ensure that your career is developed for years to come!
17200.00 - 17200.00 GBP Per Annum
HAMMERSMITH, LONDONRead more
17406.00 - 17406.00 GBP Per Annum
HARROW, MIDDLESEXRead more
16000.00 - 20700.00 GBP Per Annum
BRENT, MIDDLESEXRead more
19000.00 - 19000.00 GBP Per Annum
WILLESDEN, LONDONRead more
7800.00 - 11700.00 GBP Per Annum
CHESTERFIELD, DERBYSHIRERead more