|Location: HALSTEAD, ESSEX||Salary: 18000.00 - 18000.00 GBP Per Annum|
|Sector: Care||Job Type: Permanent|
|Shift Type: N/A||Applications: N/A|
|Posted: 7 days ago||Reference: 3115427|
About the job:
This service supports customers with complex mental health issues. We have 5 customers all who have individual care requirements. The focus is on them maintaining independent living and achieving social inclusion. While based predominantly from one service as we have two further services in Essex we are seeking flexibility to work in different sites if required. Mileage would be paid in these circumstances.
• Work with customers to develop, review and update of care and support plans and risk assessments in line with policy.
• Deliver care and support in line with care and support plans and risk assessments.
• Encourage and support customers to establish and maintain positive relationships with their family and friends and engage in activities which help them to achieve their personal goals.
• Provide support and practical assistance to customers around benefits, budgeting, paying bills and accessing appropriate services, including some housing management.
• Be aware of customers’ wellbeing, safety and state of health, reporting any concerns.
• Provide care and support that is appropriate to the age, gender, disability, race, religion and sexuality of the customer to improve their quality of life and independence.
• Ensure all necessary records are accurate and up to date.
• Minimum 1 years’ mental health experience of providing care and support to vulnerable people
• Have de-escalation techniques as clients have complex needs
• An understanding of the application process of welfare benefits
• Understanding of the needs of vulnerable people and knowledge of health and safety issues
• Experience writing care plans and completing risk assessments
• Knowledge of health & safety issues relating to care and support of vulnerable people.
• Ability to work using own initiative and as a member of a team.
• Availability to work on a rota basis including unsocial hours, weekends and public holidays.
• Level 2 Diploma in Health & Social Care related subject area or equivalent, or a willingness to undertake Diploma training.
• Knowledge and understanding of relevant legislation
What Metropolitan can offer you:
Metropolitan offers an excellent and unique Benefits package that can be adapted to suit each individual. We offer employees the opportunity to choose from a wide variety of benefits which includes options around Childcare Vouchers, Health and Wellbeing Programme, Employee Assistance and discounts with multiple retailers and many more. We also offer an impressive Pension Scheme and 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays, with the ability to buy and sell up to 5 days! Along with all this we are about to launch our Metro Academy which will ensure that your career is developed for years to come!
Any successful applicant will need to be subject to a background enhanced disclosure check by the Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) before any appointment can be confirmed.
17200.00 - 17200.00 GBP Per Annum
HAMMERSMITH, LONDONRead more
17406.00 - 17406.00 GBP Per Annum
HARROW, MIDDLESEXRead more
16000.00 - 20700.00 GBP Per Annum
BRENT, MIDDLESEXRead more
19000.00 - 19000.00 GBP Per Annum
WILLESDEN, LONDONRead more
7800.00 - 11700.00 GBP Per Annum
CHESTERFIELD, DERBYSHIRERead more