Reed Procurement & Supply Chain are working with a Manufacturing company in Basildon, Essex and need a Project Buyer to join the company on an ongoing temp basis.
Working Hours are Monday-Friday 8:30am-5pm with flexibility
What is the role?
The Project Buyer is responsible for the supply of goods and services in accordance with company procedures and achieving lowest cost, consistent wit the required quality level and meeting delivery requirements. You will be the relationship manager between procurement and product group stakeholders.
- Identify and select suppliers for the purchase of parts or services achieving lowest cost without comprising delivery and quality for systems components for new Projects
- Responsible for the RFQ process for parts for contracts compliant with the preferred and approved supplier list
- Lead contract negotiations with suppliers on all aspects (cost, warranty, payment terms,)
- Develop and implement system component supply base for right-fit through consolidation and rationalisation of the number of suppliers
- To negotiate sub-con contracts by utilising a technical, commercial and bid knowledge.
- Timely issue and expediting of Purchase Orders in accordance with company procedures and processes to ensure the best possible terms. Obtaining written order acknowledgements against all PO’s in a timely manner will be instrumental to the procurement process.
- Utilise competitive tendering wherever product design and/or time constraints allow.
- To measure and report vendor performance, implement improvement plans and implement corrective actions for unsatisfactory performance.
- Support procurement department objectives and KPI’s and be instrumental in supporting their achievement.
What experience will you need and requirements
- Experience in Project Buying concept to manufacturing release.
- Knowledge of legal agreements NDA, SOR, LOI
- Sage 50 accounts package experience and/or SAP (or similar) desirable.
- Be familiar with manufacturing documentation such as drawings, Bills of Materials and procurement specifications.
- You’ll be a strong negotiator.
- Minimum of 3 Years Purchasing Experience
- This is an office-based position with possible visits off-site to meet and negotiate with suppliers.
- Able to manage/priorities your own time effectively and work in a diverse, organically growing, global business whilst maintaining excellent attention to detail.
Salary will be discussed upon application. Please click apply if you are interested in this fantastic opportunity