I have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Bookkeeper, ideally with a background working for an SME Business to join a rapidly expanding Technology business based in Central London.
The main responsibility of the role is to oversee the financial function of the Business,
Main duties & responsibilities include:
• Managing the purchase ledger to ensure all supplier and contractor invoices are accurate, approved and processed efficiently
• Providing support to the commercial teams for the production of sales invoices, ensuring invoices are coded accurately
• Maintenance of bank reconciliations, cash management, cash flow forecasting and weekly updates of expected cash receipts/payments
• Preparation of quarterly VAT returns & National Statistics
• Month end closure (balance sheet reconciliations, prepayments, accrued income/expenditure, deferred income, payroll journals)
• Accurate Intercompany recharges and reconciliations
• Expense and Company Card Management
• Supporting the Financial Controller to produce management & consolidated accounts
• Liaise with external accountants to prepare the annual statutory accounts
To be successful in this role, you will have:
• Level 4 Certified Book-keeper or part- qualified Accountant (or equivalent)
• Prior experience of bookkeeping for a start-up or SME would be ideal.
• Experience of working with group companies, knowledge of VAT Groups, Transfer Pricing
• Experience with Xero
• Energetic, self-starter, comfortable working unsupervised at times and unphased by competing deadlines.
• Demonstrable sole charge experience covering entire cycle from inputting transactions through to delivery of management accounts for multiple group entities
• Attention to detail and strength in organisation and time management is a must
• People management – liaising with various teams to ensure timely information is provided for finance reporting and deadlines
• Advanced Excel is essential
• Good understanding of UK GAAP, IFRS and Tax (VAT & Corp Tax)
If this sounds like the role for you, please apply online today or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org