Senior AWS Engineer
Location: Newton Aycliffe – flexible and remote options
Salary: £35,000 - £45,000
This award-winning company is looking for a Senior AWS Engineer to join their team of technical consultants within a busy growth period. This company is a customer focussed, tech first companies, providing cloud solutions to large enterprise clients. You will benefit by being able to explore new and emerging technologies and advise on the technical roadmap within the AWS environment.
Equally important to this company is to find the right person, so although skills to perform the role and contribute technically is required, this company does not discount personality as a major factor in the business.
Day to day responsibilities include:
- Be the main AWS and OS technical contact within business operations
- maintenance of the system, deployment of new service units for clients
- Influencing designs and ongoing changes to the environment as the AWS landscape changes
- Work on projects from a technical standpoint and will work directly with the CTO and consultants to ensure the delivery, security, and management of the client environment.
- Be an integral part of design and administration of AWS and native routing mechanisms.
- Administer, monitor, and maintain the server
- Introduce automation where necessary
- Speaking directly to clients or partners to advise.
- Designing and administering an AWS cloud platform
- Experience using standard AWS services such as EC2, VPC, S3, Cloudformation
- Automation tools or scripting languages such as Ansible, Cloudformation, Powershell and bash
- Experience deploying and maintaining Windows Server OS (2016) and Linux (SLES, Ubuntu), Nginx is an advantage
- Monitoring tools such as Cloudwatch,
- Networking skills such as DNS, DHCP, IP routing, VPN and CIDR understanding
- Excellent organisation and communication skills.
- Make and influence decisions to the company and clients on processes and architecture of the environment going forward
- AWS certifications
With a variety of benefits and a team that will encourage your progression, this opportunity will not be on the market for long!
To apply, please send your CV to Hayley.email@example.com by close of play Wednesday the 21st of October 2020.